Thursday, March 15, 2012

About live in Tijuana, Mexico but work in San Diego, Ca

Live in Tijuana, Mexico but work in San Diego, Ca?
Can I live in Mexico and work in S.D? I was born in Mexico, however became a U.S Citizen in '06. I have been really pondering on the idea of living in Tijuana while I work in the U.S. Will I have a problem doing that? I heard about some form FM-2 or 3? Since I was born in Mexico...would I have to get one of those?? Thanks for your help!
Other - Mexico - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Just get one of those"FastPass" ID's at US Immigration & you are good to go. You don't need a FM-2 or FM-3 since you are a MX citizen
2 :
I believe Mexico allows dual citizenship, so you can just bring your Mexican and U.S. passports with you as you cross each day. Border line wasn't so bad when I was going through last March. Might be a good way to save money.
3 :
Good question....Do you recall renouncing your country of origin at the swearing in ceremony? Dual citizenship applies to one that was born in the USA (or anywhere)of Mexican parents. Mexico does not recognise any other form of "So Called" duel citizenship. FMTs,,FM3s and tourist pamphlets are not required in bordertowns. You can probably circumvent the rules as your Mexican birth cetificate will get you in to Mexico and use your American passport card or book and enhanced drivers licence to return but if they record your comings and goings you may have some "Splanin" to do. This is my opinion and in no way an endorsement. As well you would have "TAX"issues with the IRS Best to call your Consulado de Mexico for all the facts. Best of luck
4 :
Not a problem. My employer has over 4,000 people and quite a few of them live in Mexico and many of those are not U.S. citizens.

Read more other entries :